Saturday is now officially Soccerday.
groupworker, parent educator, therapist, mother of three boys.
Hello. I am Hakea. We are a family of a Mum, Dad, three boys, and three dogs. We live a simple life in a small weatherboard abode and urban block in the Blue Mountains of Australia.
I work five days per week with children and families, talking about different ways of being, knowing, and doing. I write about being in a family and working with families, living with kids and working with kids.
from the heart…
- and so it goes
- it’s been a week
- free the glutens
- snapshot – may twenty-fifteen
- we keep learning
- sequel to ‘high school woes’
- sequel to ‘ a quirky little kid’
- this little dog
- high school woes
- a quirky little kid
- the life and times of a fussy eater
- what, if, and favourite?
- sentimental me
- pull-ups, not put-downs
- reblog: a quick tour through the inner workings of your child’s mind
- kid’s skills
- pedlars parade and conscientious shopping
- weird dinners
- leaving it to dad
- more talk about friendship, and taking a fall
- it’s been a hard week
- the benefits of being busy
- pug awakenings and arrival of the sock monster
- reconnecting after school
- empathy hotline
- guppies, the fifth element, and yes!
- only in the present
- climbing trees, gardening, and mobilo
- be the change
- school holiday fun
- he’s doing it for the attention
- fear versus love
- acknowledging feelings
- pug puppy, waterslides, and sunny boys
- last for 2012
- how quickly they grow